Tuesday, March 5, 2013

1.7 kilo loss over the past 2 weeks.

And I confess I was feeling a little down.  Since the program started - I've "only" lost 5.9  kilos -which with my weight, is just not a lot.  It is 12.2 kilo all together. 
I decided (along with about 1500 others to join in on the Women's 5km (for breast cancer) on Sunday.


I also had a really disappointing walk/run on Sunday.  I turned my ankle, and my head during it went off in a tangent, and I lost focus.  All I wanted to do was go like this







I was really frustrated, and wanted to curl up in bed, and lick my wounds.  I so wanted to do well, and smash my best time.  I wanted to blame everyone.







 This weeks video was about not being a victim.  About blaming others, about not seeing the positives in what we are doing.  Besides teasing my mum (hi Mum!) for leaving me - I need to draw positives from this race.  It was stinking hot - and I completed it.  I gave everything -


You know - 2 months ago, I had no hope of even finishing 5km without dying.  Now - I completed it, and really - 50.39, plus a 7 min cool down - what a cal burn!

And that is my lesson.  I would have given up 2 months ago.  Heck, I probably wouldn't have entered.  Next years challenge - smash the time set this year :)

Fee xx

No comments: