Wednesday, July 8, 2015

2015 - so far the year of excuses.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.  That is what 2015 has been about.  I'll own it - my first foray into a work/life/sport/kids balance was not successful for my training - every other ball managed to stay in the air though.

Why is it that it is me that has been put last?  Interesting point to ponder.

The buck stops here.   I'm over my own excuses.

My hip - tried an oesto and situation has improved.
My knee - it's due to the hip.  Work on posture!
 I don't have time - use the mornings.
Kids have afterschool sport - exercise there
I'm tired - will feel better after exercise.
Sore - up the magnesium.
No one wanted to walk with me - well then walk by yourself.
Haters - haters are going to hate regardless
I hate tracking - well, that's life.
I don't know what to have other than sandwiches - plan.  Look at soups.



I'm back.   I'm happy - and I'm strong.  I can re start and finish this.  Life is too short to be unhappy.  Putting yourself first sometimes isn't being selfish - if it means my kids have a mum for longer, then it is what needs to happen.


Goals:

3X gym sessions (Legs, arms, whole body)
2X walks
1x hockey

for 4 weeks.

After that, get clearance to start C-5km.

Races -

- Run for a Wish.
- Australia Day (or around that time - plan to run full 5km for it)
- Women's 5km
- Run Devonport 5km
- Launceston 10 (doing 10 - run the whole way)
- Run Melbourne half.  (using run/walk if needed :) )

It is a lofty dream - but achievable.  I can and I will do this.  I've put it out there.  No excuses.  Let's get this done!





2 comments:

Coco Girl said...

You can do it - love your plan xo

Scrapping Mum of 3 said...

Thank you Cocogirl! I must admit, I am tempted to swap a cold run Melbourne to a warm GCAM ....