Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hump day - and the fallout.

To start with, I want to have a bit of a "boast".  Last night I had a AGM for aths.  It traditionally is a sugar feast, and last night was no exception.  3 packets of tim tams.  My nemesis!  I managed to sit, sip on my coke zero (not ideal, but hey, the lesser of the two evils!) and not let a morsel past my lips.  I confess, I didn't have anything, as I knew that if I did start - I may not have stopped.   Damn the home made fruit cake looked divine! 

For 2 1/2 hours, I watched people eat.  And the majority was mindless eating - eating for the sake of it.  How I recognised it?  If you look in the dictionary for the definition of mindless eating, there would be a mug shot of me.  I'm not going to be able to pretend that I can resist everytime or even next time.  I'm human, I'm me.  There is every chance I will f*ck up sometimes, lets face it.  But this time - I resisted, and I am proud.

Anyhow, onto today.  After having a quick skinny latte with my family, Mum and I headed for a quick walk (440 cals).  Nice warmup for my gym today.  Today was run day, where I had to do a quick warm up, and then run - for as long as I could.






First week - 2 minutes, 2 seconds.  Today - 15.46.  OMG.  I may have only lost 100 grams this week (my sins of Mothers Day catching up with me ) but wow - I'm really pleased with that.  In all honesty, I can walk faster - but I ran and kept the rhythm.  It felt good, and now I know I can do it.  The bottom two pics - well you see, I felt on top of the world because I ran - so I figured after I finished my 40 mins on the tready, I'd push myself.  2km on the eliptical in 16.32.  Talk about burn.  I then finished off with a squat or two (or 5 groups of 20). 


PPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN.  Magnesium supplements can only do so much Fiona!

And for those of my followers - don't forget #drinkupbuttercup!




1 comment:

beckijade said...

its so hard to fesist the food when its there and yummy and everyone else is having it! well done. i do the exact same thing... once i start ill eat heaps, so better to not start eating!