Monday, August 19, 2013

At 12.10pm today



I came to a realisation.  I'm happy.  I'm happy when I exercise.  I'm currently loving life (although missing my husband dearly :( )

Exercise makes me happy.   I love the feeling of being healthier.  I love the working-out until I nearly spew moments (never again is yoghurt a breakfast before PT a good idea!) - I love the gentle walks, I love the running around like a mad fool on the hockey field.

To explain the pic - the big one is the Gorge (in the city where I live).  It is in flood at the moment and is just amazing.  It has a great little track to walk along.  It is full of hills.  I used to huff and puff and need to rest.  I don't now!  The top pic is the cal burn of that walk.

The middle pic is me attempting not to spew, after today's workout.  OMG.  Worked so hard, felt so good.  Weights make me happy!  The last pic is my cal burn from a primarily weights burn.  SMASHED it.  I have the best PT (although just quietly, I was not loving her in the treadmill deadweight runs.)

There is no way 12 months ago I would dream of doing this.  6 months ago - me at a gym, bahaha.

Now, it makes me happy.  Life really is good.

No comments: