Friday, December 19, 2014

The year didn't quite pan out as I had planned

Firstly, my running journey started, then faltered then fizzled out thanks to injury and denial.

I managed to put on 12 kilos.

I've managed to injure my hip.

I've managed to grow out of 2 pairs of jeans - and not in the good way.

I've stopped tracking.

I had to back out of joining a running group, as I still can't run.

But,


I've learned about my inner determination

I've seen who are a good influence on me and my exercise, and who isn't.

I've had what I thought were good people judge me, and I've had people who I thought weren't become friends and encourage me.

I've continued to parkwalk to keep my brain going and legs moving

I've got through 2 months of no husband (working away) fairly well

I've kept smiling.

I've kept PTing, and am exercising at least 5 times a week.
 -
I've seen the positive in this injury - even when there was little to be positive about.

I haven't given up.  Roll on 2015 - you will be my b*tch!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this post! Love the honesty and love the real progress you've made this year. Love that despite some pretty major stresses you are still there doing your best xxx

Unknown said...

Ditto on Annie's post. Just keeping going Fi, there is no race, just take it at your pace and what your body tells you. This healthy/fitness/running stuff is a roller-coaster! Bring on 2015! :)