Friday, January 17, 2014

In the week of challenging myself


This post has taken ages to write - I'm still stunned I did it.

A few weeks ago, a friend offered me an opportunity to come to a pole cardio class.  In otherwise, poledancing with cardio activities.

I very nervously said yes.

On Tuesday, I rocked up.





It took me ages to walk through these doors!  I really worried about how I could do it, and whether the poles had a weight limit - and what if I was over it:?  Stress, stress!

I looked in and saw this.   Everyone relaxed, lots of welcoming looks and comments.  I still felt like a twit though!  




Warm up started with a skip and run interchangeably, and then lead to an intro of all the turns needed.  It all came unstuck.  I just could not trust myself to get my feet off the group.  It didn't help that the person next to me seemed to be a natural at it.

Nevermind, we tried all the moves, and then were led into the dance/turns.  I found through each of the songs, I did improve.  All but one of the turns I could manage.  I couldn't climb the pole in one of the tracks, but this didn't phase me - I knew I would have no hope!  My fears dissipated the longer it went.

I am a little annoyed with myself though - I forgot to start the HRM until after the first 2 parts.  So, I'm rounding up my burn to 700 :)



Needless to say, I was so pleased I was given the opportunity, and so glad I got through my fear.  Thank you to Sheri and Sarah from Pole Revolution.  If you can, check out the classes.  A great full body workout - can't wait until next week!



1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.