Friday, January 25, 2013

2013 - New year, new mindset.

On the 7th Jan, my life changed.  It changed for the better.

On the 7th of Jan, I took a huge step - and signed up for Michelle Bridges 12WBT.

I threw myself into the preseason challenges - a little half heartedly in places, but did well.

On the 14th of Jan, pre season started.  This lead to me really examining myself and why I over eat.  Why I make bad food choices.  Why I drink to excess.  Why I wanted to care but didn't.  Why I am hiding behind my cloak of fatness.

I've come through this with many tears.  I've assessed my excuses - internal, external, ones in my control and ones out of my control.  I've made a commitment to my FB 30+ group - a commitment to my health.  I've joined a local group, and started to make some new friends. 

I'm walking with some great friends - I'm tracking whatever goes into my mouth.  I've resisted the temptation of chocolate, of chips and alcohol.  I've quit bread - its bloating for me.  I've began to measure my flabbishness, and reminded myself it took several years to put on, its not going to be a day or two to remove. 

Ive got support from my delightful husband (who is following the program with me) and my gorgeous children who are on school holidays are walking with me - they have walked 20km this week (and its only Friday!)

This time will be different.  This year is my year.  This year I will do it.

No comments: