Saturday, January 26, 2013

First 5km race

And I walked.  However, I knocked (along with the girl child) 4 1/2 minutes of my best time (53 min) The oldest boy child pulled a 40 (TBC) minutes, and the youngest a 47.    The husband ran the whole way, and did a 35.  So proud of him.

I'm so happy about the lifestyle changes that our family has adopted.  They have all jumped it - no whinges, and little complaints about all the exercise.  I'm also proud to say that ALL 3 children ran their 800m without stopping.  That's not unusual for the boy children, but has never happened with the girl child.  It was the true Cliff Young shuffle, but pure stubbornness got her around.

In 3 weeks, I have walked 96 km. Wow.

My fitness pal (MFP) and Mapmywalk (MMW) have become my bosom buddies.  I record every walk, and before the food goes into my mouth, it is entered in MFP.

I've also got to thank my fellow walkers.  Most days someone will walk with me.  I'm not actually concentrating on speed, its on km's in legs.  Its getting better :)

No comments: