Sunday, January 12, 2014

Wow - what a year.

This year has been such a roller coaster.  I've learned so very much about myself and others - but also I've learned what not to do.

I've learned to like new foods.  Healthy foods.  I've learned the importance of water.  I've learned that exercise can be fun.  I've learned that exercise goals need to be set - and there is no shame in reaching for those stars.  I've made some awesome new friends, I've firmed up friendships with others.  I've laughed, I've cried.  I've experienced DOMS that have had me in tears.  I've joined a gym, I've got a PT (two things I'd never thought I would do).

All in all, I'm proud of what I have achieved.

A big shout out to thank A, F, C and K.  All have got me walking.  And listen to me bitch.  LOL  Oh and mum if she is stalking this :P

A massive thank you to the Lonnie Crew - L and P have been a support the whole way through.

A big thank you for J - who had me in her home for 3 days so I could achieve my dream to run the color run.

To 12WBT.  I can not thank you enough for what you have taught me.  Food to nourish and enjoy.

To B (Check this out).  Fantastic PT.  Who gets it.  Who pushes further than I thought was possible.  Who gets bad days with nutrition and helps without the lecture (which is the last thing you need when you feel like crap)

To the parkrunners and the running group.  Both hold a dear spot in my heart.  P persuaded us to come on the 3rd March, for a 12WBT opportunity.   It was a stinker of a day, and Miss G and I were dirt dead last.  Every single volunteer cheered us on at the end, not to mention a heap of runners that had finished.   There was no judgement in being the fattest there coming last.  Just a load of support.  The family have become regulars :)

My husband did his first parkrun then, and was hooked.  This lead to joining The Running Group (site).  From there, we have both met some of our biggest supporters - who cheer us on (even little old lowly me doing a 5, while they do 1/2 marathons).  Coach (or CC as he is known) has written me a running plan - and what is better, I can follow it and achieve.  There are a couple (that I know of!) that have great blogs.  A's with - (blog) and L with (blog).  Both blogs have taught me a lot about running, about never giving up, and dreaming big.

The biggest thank you is for my little family - L, Miss G, Boy child 1 and boy child 2.  All have had unwavering support - entering stuff they never thought was possible, smiling and never giving up on me.  Love you all x

I'll write more about my one year fitaversary - but just wanted to get that all out.  Thank you one and all.  Thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fiona, Awesome to hear how proud you are of what you have achieved.
You are inspirational!!
Will look forward to reading a year further on and hearing how many runs you have completed.
Keep reaching for those stars!! <3