Saturday, January 4, 2014

Rest day.

And boy, did my body need it!

This week I've burned 4646 calories in exercise.  I've done some running training, a run (well run walk), a hill walk, a 10km walk and a couple of 5kms.  I've also done a legs workout in the gym.

I've checked and rechecked my macros for my intended weight loss, and settled into a pattern that seems to be working for me.  I'm really enjoying the challenge of macros, and how to get things to fit in - or whether I want something to fit in.

I'm currently preparing  for a 5km run in Hobart next week.  The kidlets and I are all doing it, with the husband pulling out the big guns and doing a 1/2 marathon.  As a treat, I've booked him the VIP package.   He gets fed, watered, massaged and all round spoiled.  The plebs (aka us 5ker's) get 2 chocolate bars at the end of ours.  LOL

I am hoping I can do a 40 or below for this run.  39.20 is my PB, but I haven't come close to it in my running attempts (Yes, I can walk with speed, quite surprising for a fat chick).  If I can squeeze out a 40 I will be over the moon!

So the plan this week -

Monday - fartlek session (either outside if the weather is nice or treadmill).  Arms session.  Walk when G has gymnastics perhaps?
Tuesday - PT.  Walk in afternoon (?)
Wednesday - Run session.  Run 2 min 30, walk 2 min 30.  Go for about 20 minutes.  + Walk
Thursday - Sprints.  Walk
Friday - Walk with husband and kidlets (in Hobart.  Will do a walk run (run as long as can, walk - rinse and repeat).  Hopefully a swim
Saturday - rest day.  Probably walk around town
Sunday - race day.  Also want to do at least a 2km walk as a cool down.  Also swim hopefully :)

Cals are around 1900 - 2200.   Am using a macros calculator that has me at 45% Carbs, 30% Fats, 25% Protein.  Will keep this up for a month with tracking and see how it all goes.  Cals are higher than what I am used to with 12WBT - but I had to try this - for me.

My lifestyle isn't perfect, but my goodness, I'm trying to make it fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a very good week of training. All the best for the 5k on Sunday :)

Anonymous said...

Great week of training planned :)
See you in Hobart